Thursday, February 12, 2009

We seem to be turning a corner!

Ryan is doing great! He seems more and more like a normal baby everyday. He is getting stronger and bigger. 4 pounds 5 ounces today.

Unless he starts to have problems, he will be at full feedings tomorrow. He will be getting 32 mls of food every 3 hours. Once he is on full feedings they will take out his PICC line (IV). The doctor has that planned for tomorrow, again barring any complications with his feedings.

He had an eye exam and the ophthalmologist said his eyes were almost completely mature which he almost never sees at this age in a preemie. Yeah!! Hopefully that will mean no vision problems.

The last report I got on his brain bleeds was that they were resolving on their own and they would follow up with an ultrasound at approximately 1 month. I asked the nurse today if that was scheduled, he is 1 month old today and it wasn't. She checked with the doctor though and they have it ordered so hopefully I will know the results tomorrow.

He is still having trouble with his lungs. They only have him on High Flow O2 again which is good. So far he has been staying between 30 and 38% oxygen. That is much better then where he was. He is even doing well breathing while lying on his back, which has been an issue for him. He has to stay below 25% oxygen for an extended period before they will drop him down from 4 liters to 3 liters high flow oxygen. Once he is on 3 liters and can keep his oxygen needs down then they will go to 2 and 1 liters. After that he should be able to go off the oxygen all together.

Overall he is doing really well right now. Of course just when I get excited about his progress he makes a step backwards, but even if he does hopefully he can bounce back quickly.

At home I am getting ready for Ryan to come home. I have been painting his room. I have curtains to make and new things to hang on the wall. I have another day of painting at least and then I will be working on getting it all together. Then I have Tyler's room to finish as well. We are decorating his room with Mickey Mouse so I have another coat of red paint (it's called Mickey's Pants) to put on and then I should be able to do some finish work in there and I will have both their rooms put together. Or at least closer to being put together. I just know I have to finish their rooms while I have no little one's at home because when they come back I won't have any time.

Keep praying for Ryan's lungs and brain. Please pray for Alex and Tyler as well. I think Alex feels abandoned right now, he is having some behavior issues at Nana and Papa's house. Please pray they know they are loved by us and that they can feel at peace with what is going on.
Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. Holly that is AWESOME!!!! I'm so excited to hear of Ryan's progress! I'll continue praying for you and all your boys (the big one too). :)

    ReplyDelete