Friday, August 14, 2009

Too busy to blog

I never think about blogging anymore, but it is nice to go back and read what has happened in the past. Or for those of us overworked mom's it's nice to have a record of you life since you are too tired to have a memory of it.

Let's see... new developments... Ryan has started rolling over. At first he could only roll to his side from his tummy (yes I let him sleep on his tummy). He would get to his side and then couldn't go either way. He would wake me up at night, not because he was crying but because I could hear him sucking his thumb like crazy trying to comfort himself back to sleep despite his awkward position. It didn't take him long to get past that. Now he rolls over both ways with no problem.

Ryan has also started eating solid food. Well as solid as you can consider baby food. He is really enjoying eating and eats at least 2 jars of 1st food per sitting. He was having some issues with not gaining weight a month or so ago, but since he started solids he is getting past that. He unfortunately has decided he would rather take a bottle of formula then nurse though. It makes me a little sad as I have nursed all my boys for a year, but at least he got 6 months so I guess it is better then nothing. I would rather not pay for formula, especially the expensive formula for preemies he is one, but he is healthy and happy so that is all that matters.

As for the rest of the family...
Andrew is gearing up for the first day of 2nd grade next week. I don't know if he is excited or not, he doesn't show much emotion about it. I think we are going to let him ride his bike to school so I am sure that will make going to school more fun.

Alex is going to start back to preschool the week after Drew starts school. We are trying something new this year, some friends of mine have decided to do a pre-k co-op. There are 3 girls and Alex. We are each teaching a week and then having a field trip the 5th week. I am not completely sure how I feel about teaching preschool but I figure why not. I actually is the answer to a prayer because if Alex and Tyler were both going to traditional preschool, it would cost me $320 a month. Since Alex is now free minus food costs and materials on my week, I am saving $185 a month. Alex is going to have surgery to remove the cyst in his neck. The ENT said is a pretty common surgery and they do them often. He goes in September 8th at 7:30 am for the procedure. He does have to be under anesthesia but he should be fine, this won't be his first time going under.

Tyler will also start preschool this year. He will be at a traditional preschool that I thankfully don't have to teach. Of course that is assuming he get potty trained in the 4 weeks he has left. I know as my mother keeps saying I am the one who has to get trained and make sure he goes, so far that hasn't happened. I am sure it will though. Alex started school last year really not potty trained. We told him that he had to use the potty at school and not go in his pants or they would send him home and he wouldn't get to come back. Once he hit the first day of school that was all he needed, he was trained with in the first week.

Doug is enjoying his job as detective. He doesn't always enjoy working the child crimes desk, but he is really good with the kids and able to get them to open up to him. This is a big plus for the job. Even if he doesn't like it God has him there for a reason.

I am gearing up for the new MOPS year. I am coordinating again this year so I have lots of work to do. I also have put off working on MOPS until just recently so my time to figure it all out in is limited. Good thing I work well under pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment