Sunday, March 8, 2009

I am ready to quit!!

I wish I could call in sick and tired for this job. Things were going so well and now a new problem. The NICU has a c-diff infection going around. We have to wear gowns and gloves to hold our babies. Ryan is in isolation with about 4 other kids because they have all been exposed to the bacteria. The sad thing is this bacteria is in fecal matter. That means that the nurses have not practiced good hygiene between babies. They have changed a diaper and not washed their hands and touch something that went into a babies mouth. It makes me angry and sad. I was feeling so good about Ryan's progress and now I just want to cry when I see him. He doesn't seem sick to me but the pediatrician thinks he has the infection. The culture will be back tomorrow sometime to confrim if he does or doesn't have the infection. If he does it will be 7 days on antibiotics to cure something he should have never gotten in the first place.

They told me I have to bleach all the clothes that Ryan has worn at the hospital. I am sure they will look great after that! I might as well throw them away. Hopefully he won't have the infection and I won't have to worry about all of this. I hate to think of my sweet little guy being sick and in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment