Monday, January 19, 2009

2 steps forward 1 step back

I was so excited yesterday that Ryan was no longer on photo therapy. Imagine my disappointment when I came in today and found him back on photo therapy. They said he will probably go on and off it for a while. I guess it is disappointing because they have to cover his eyes to protect them from the light. The covering pretty much cover his whole face and head so all you see is his mouth with the tubes coming out. I want to be able to see his beautiful face. His feeding are going well though. He did lose weight today not quite a ounce but he has he first dirty diaper so that could have been the ounce he lost. His body made an overnight change from being skin and bones to actually filling out and having some fat in there. He looked so much better from just having that little gain in fat. I am sure the feedings are helping with that.

Tonight he was getting his last dose of antibiotics so as of tomorrow he won't be on any kind of medication. He was getting a heart ultra sound today and a brain ultra sound tomorrow. They want to make sure his heart is doing okay as he has to go up and down on his oxygen needs several times a day. They are also following the small bleed in his brain that they found the first day. Hopefully that will have cleared it's self up.

I found out today it will be a while before I can drive again. I drove 4 blocks to the store and it was a lot harder then I thought. The drugs are effecting my brain function and even though I hadn't had a pill for several hours, I had a hard time making normal driving decisions. It also requires a lot of muscle strength that I seem to have lost from my bed rest. Good thing my mom is here for another week, hopefully I will be doing better before she leaves. I don't know what I will do when she leaves, it is nice to have live in help. I know that God will provide as he always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment