Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 20 - Happy New Year!!

Can you believe it is 2009? I got to ring in the New Year with testing. Testing that I failed, so now I have a diagnosis of gestational diabetes. Happy New Year to me!! I am not so concerned about what this means today, I won't be pregnant too much longer (another 5 weeks at best). The concern is that by having gestational diabetes I more likely to develop Type II diabetes. That I want to avoid. I know, I know, I have to lose weight as that is part of why I have this. Once I get out of here I can work on it. Unfortunately they won't let me do anything about it in here. If anything being in here just make it worse. So I guess no more goodies!! There are going to cut off my sugar. Good thing I already took care of the goodies everyone brought me.

You know you are getting old when you fall asleep before the ball drops on New Years. I was 9 minutes away from the ball dropping. I laid my head down to rest my eyes and woke up about 12:30. Oh well, maybe next year. I guess this is going to be a year of all kinds of new things. I just hope they are all positive for the most part. Especially where baby Ryan is concerned. We want only positive things for him.

9 days to go and we hit 28 weeks. Only 37 days until we hit 32 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment