Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 24

We have made it to 27 weeks and 1 day. I have to admit that I am ready to go home. So far no contractions or infection. I have yet to have a high blood sugar reading. Of course they aren't giving me any sugar but my blood sugar has been pretty low. I guess I will lose weight while I am here. That can't be a bad thing.

I am starting to go stir crazy in here. It's not that I don't have stuff to do, it just that I am tired of doing what I have to do. Maybe I am going crazy from lack of sleep. The have changed the monitoring of the baby from once every 12 hours to every 8 hours. That means I have monitoring from 10 pm till midnight then they wake me up at 6 am to start another round of monitoring. Then after lunch when a nap sounds good, it's time for my 2 pm monitoring. Thankfully my nurse was very busy yesterday and she missed my 2 pm monitoring so I got to take a long nap. You know you tired when you take a 4 hour nap.

It doesn't help that there is nothing on tv. I get very few channels. I get TLC which hasn't had much variety over the holiday's just marathons. Then there is the ID channel, I call it the murder channel because all they do is profile murders. I get USA which has just been playing marathons. Then there are the basic network channels, 2 news channels and 2 or 3 sports channels. As bored as I am I don't think I will start liking football or soap operas anytime soon. I am trying not to do too much online shopping since I will probably owe the hospital a million dollars before I get out of here. Well maybe only a couple thousand after my insurance pays. But still more then we can easily afford.

The positive news is the nurses and doctors all say that baby Ryan's heart monitoring is better then most babies at 27 weeks. They say his heart is reacting like a much older baby. Which they say also has to do with his neurological development. I am hoping that is a good sign that when he is born he will do better then most preemies. Of course I realize he is still a preemie and will have complications I just hope that he is strong enough that he has fewer then most. We will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment