Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Almost to my first goal!

As of the end of the day today I only have 2 days to reach my first goal of 28 weeks. I spoke with my Dr. tonight and asked if her goal was 32 or 34 weeks and she said 34 if we can continue with no problems. That means 6 more weeks!! I can't panic though, my next goal is 30 weeks, so only 2 weeks to get there. Then I can worry about the next 2 weeks.

So far the drugs are stopping my contractions. The drug made me feel very strange the first dose, my heart raced, and I could feel the blood pumping through my veins. Thankfully subsequent doses have not effected me I don't notice them at all. I also did some research and they have found that preemies who were exposed to this drug had fewer complications. I can't complain about that. It just reaffirms that God is in control and everything happens for a reason.

Of course the lack of good food and no sweets are making me ready to deliver this little guy. I am so ready for some ice cream. It seems like every commercial on TV is for some kind of food I can't eat, they are killing me!! I am just praying when I get out of here my blood sugar returns to normal and I can have some of those things. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am doing all of this for Ryan, it's not about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment