Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ryan is doing well.

Ryan did make a step forward today. He was off photo therapy, but they have discontinued his feedings for now. His digestive system is having trouble pushing the food through. Hopefully tomorrow they will be able to start again. He lost a few grams but is still weighing 2 lbs. 11 oz. The good news is they are gearing up to wean him off the respirator. They give him caffeine to encourage his breathing. They start with a high dose and then do smaller doses to keep his level even. Once they get to the point they can take him off the respirator they will give him another high dose just before they remove it. It sounds hopeful that could happen sometime this week. Of course he will probably still have breathing assistance, but once he is off the rigid respirator onto a more flexible one I will be able to pick him up. I can't wait for that to happen.

I guess that is a quick update. I am really exhausted though and I have not been able to get to bed before 1 am for several nights. It isn't that I can't sleep but I am on a pumping schedule to try and bring my milk production up so I have to stay up late and get one last pump in. Too bad my little one has been waking up at 6:45 every morning and expecting me to get up with him. I hate to say no as he has been without a mommy for over a month. He still doesn't understand why I won't pick him up and every time I leave he is concerned I won't come back. I try to spend as much time with him when I am here as I can to make up for lost time. So goodnight, I will hopefully have some new info on Ryan tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment